Mission and Goals
To make indoor air healthier.
- Impartiality — fairness; without bias; objective, independent actions and decisions
- Integrity — high principles and professional standards
- Transparency — open, honest, clear with no hidden agenda
- Rigor — thorough, accurate, exhaustive, consistent processes
- Involvement — volunteer, industry
- Competency — proficiency and expertise to support all functions
We are champions of healthy indoor air working together to advance and promote dependable ventilation practices through product certification, stakeholder education, and codes and standards participation.
Advancing the value of residential ventilation for healthier living®
- Consumers, specifiers, and standards-development bodies have access to clear and reliable information including performance data for residential ventilating products.
- Manufacturers gain market share advantage by having HVI-Certified products and increased influence on industry regulations and standards through active participation in HVI.
- HVI is the recognized authority on mechanical ventilation as the primary means for achieving healthy indoor air and contributing to energy-efficient residential dwellings.