Mission and Goals
To make indoor air healthier.
- Impartiality — fairness; without bias; objective, independent actions and decisions
- Integrity — high principles and professional standards
- Transparency — open, honest, clear with no hidden agenda
- Rigor — thorough, accurate, exhaustive, consistent processes
- Involvement — volunteer, industry
- Competency — proficiency and expertise to support all functions
We are champions of healthy indoor air working together to advance and promote dependable ventilation practices through product certification, stakeholder education, and codes and standards participation.
Consumers, throughout the United States and Canada, have exceptional indoor air quality and fewer health risk exposures thanks to HVI programs and influence in the ventilation and building industries. HVI members and industry stakeholders together provide recognized leadership in ventilation standards and regulations establishing testing and performance requirements.
Advancing the value of residential ventilation for healthier living®
- Consumers enjoy healthier indoor air in an energy-efficient dwelling.
- Manufacturers gain market share advantage by having HVI-Certified products and increased influence on industry regulations and standards through active participation in HVI.
- HVI is the recognized authority on achieving healthy indoor air and contributing to energy-efficient residential dwellings.
- Industry and HVI integrity and growth are supported by a robust foundation.